Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tomato Salsa With Tamarind Dressing


As the weather turns warmer and finally cooking on the bbq is possible again, I'll be posting salsa recipes on a very regular basis. I came up with this salsa for my salmon fish cakes instead of serving them with any kind of sauce. It's refreshing and extremely easy to make. Please be creative and add in herbs and spices you think that might work with the salsa.

Serves 4 as a side dish
you'll need;
5 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
small bunch of chives, chopped
small bunch of coriander, chopped
1 chili, chopped

Place all chopped ingredients in a bowl.

for the dressing;
4 tbs of tamarind paste
2 tbs of castor sugar
juice of 1 lime
dash of fish sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Finishing touch for the dressing..

Pour dressing over and mix well. Serve this with your choice of meat or fish.

5 comments:

  1. You can get tamarind paste in Melbourne ? That's great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the come in all forms and sizes now!! I can basically cook every Asian dish you can think of by cycling a short trip to Victoria st Richmond :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Used to be difficult to find some of the ingredients, e.g. laksa paste, lemon grass. I guess nowadays there are too many Asians there to be ignored !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely !!!! much easier to get ingredients than Kuching. I remember I waited for the sunday market so I could get some Thai basil :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. RR
    ขอให้โชคดี
    นับตั้งแต่นี้
    ต้องไม่งอแงดูแลตัวเองให้ดี
    ฉันไม่เป็นไร
    ไม่ได้ไปไหน
    แค่จะอวยพรจากนี้ให้นอนฝันดี
    สล็อตPG
    สล็อตPG

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin