Monday, November 2, 2009

Khai Luk Khoei ตำราอาหารไทย Son In-Law Eggs


Who wouldn't like this dish???  It has eggs, it's salty, sweet, sour and oh so exotically foriegn. The best thing is it costs next to nothing to make at home and if all the young and beautiful people in Melbourne are very happy to pay more than 10 dollars for 2 hard boiled eggs at a certain eatery in town; I'm more than happy to tell you how to make these little devils according to family recipe. So if any lazy son in-law could make this, give it a try!!!
I  served this as part of our Thai dinner on Saturday night.
P.S grandpa would insist on using quails' eggs but it's a pain if you don't have a servant or a good Thai wife (or just plain lazy!!!). Good free range eggs will do :)!!

serves 4 as part of a Thai meal
You'll need;
6 free range eggs, hard boiled,shelled and deep fried
2 shallots, sliced and deep fried
2 cloves of garlic, chopped (optional but we do it!)
5 tbs of tamarind sauce
3 tbs of palm sugar
3 tbs of fish sauce
sliced chilies
coriander leaves

for the sauce;
heat 5 tbs of tamarind sauce together with 3 tbs of palm sugar and 3 tbs of fish sauce til sticky and glossy. Set aside.

Deep fry egg till golden and drain well...

Fry sliced shallot till golden brown...

Slice eggs and arrange in a lovely formation :) (it's a Thai thing, too much time on their hands :))

Pour sauce over, top it with fried shallots, sliced chilies and coriander leaves.

11 comments:

  1. This is now our family favourite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could go to your place for lunch or dinner :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to eat, this is our favourite too !!!

    mycookinghut you are welcome to join us the next time you are in town :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blogged about these eggs recently too!!! ;) I didn't know they are of Thai origin! I love this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Little Teochew, yes it's a Thai dish ;) I'll have a look at your now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 看了好開胃呀!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just tried this recipe. I can honestly say I've never had anything like it in my life. Delicious and really unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. Just wanna ask, when do you add in the garlic cloves? Is it as part of the sauce or fried with the onions? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.หาแม่บ้าน

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. I came into aware of new professional blog and I am impressed with suggestions of author.
    asian dating apps

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is the perfect blog I am looking this type of blog its awesome blog here , share great information about this topic. This informative blog helps many readers with their decision-making regarding the situation. Great articles and will look forward for more!
    puritan pride

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin