Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Friendship And An Early Christmas Gift From Hong Kong



A parcel arrived today from Hong Kong containing a beautiful cookbook and a Christmas card from my wonderful new friend Kenny Ting!!  He is a seasoned foodie who operates food blogs in both English  and Chinese . His love affair with food, his humour and the importance of family and friendships are all evidenced in his blogs. If you are planning a trip to Hong Kong soon, these 2 blogs would be your best friend when it comes to finding good restaurants and eating places. I especially love his Chinese blog as the writing often makes me laugh so much I end up in tears.
When I started my blog, forging friendships was not one of the reasons, but I'm most fortunate to have made a new friend like you! Thank you Kenny!!!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you're sure lucky! Such a gorgeous cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAwwwwww that is so sweet. Isnt blogging fun? n you do really make friends..good friends. Im so glad you got a nice cookbook! :)More postings for the future!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a very nice story!! friendships are formed through food blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so touching, and am happy that you like this book, TruffleRose is one of my favourite bloggers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lucky indeed My Little Space!!

    I know BIBI!! :)

    I can't agree more zurin!!

    Thanks vicki!! isn't life wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Kenny! thanks again for taking all the trouble. :)
    I have been reading her blog too. I'm inspired to write a blog in Chinese by both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow Kenny's blog too. I love it! What a beautiful thoughtful gift. Happy holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a lovely gift. So sweet of Kenny....such a lovely friend. You must be a lovely friend too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so lucky to have such a good friend like Kenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, so sweet. I wish I could read in Chinese. I'm at roughly 1st grader level, maybe that's even an exaggeration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Velva! very much so!

    Haha Mary I guess I must be very lucky :)

    And new friend like you too Anncoo

    Jessica I am so glad my grandparents made us learn Chinese :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love stories like this! very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin