Sunday, November 22, 2009

Just A Little Prettiness 4


I adopted all of G's lily plants in pots when he left for Vietnam for a working holiday a few years back. The lily of the valley and the pineapple lily have had the most wonderful displays this spring. These little beauties that normally only show up in midsummer gave us an early visit this year, global warming perhaps? I simply adore the shape and colour of this beautiful flower and I want to share with you this once a year joy of mine. I can't remember what is the name of this flower, if you do please leave me a note!!
P.S a cool change finally arrived after a rather hot 2 weeks and it has been raining non stop here in Melbourne for the last 24 hours! In fact the heaviest 24 hours of rain in 5 years!!! yay!!!

They last a little longer indoors :)

15 comments:

  1. I love admiring beautiful flowers and I like the colour of this lily. Don't think can get this in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I saw these in many different colours like yellow , orange , pink and red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I tried planting them, they need cooler climate :)

    A Full-Timed Housefly , this only comes in red :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really pretty!! I have seen them in S.A . I should ask my mum about them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah mine came from SA please do find out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely - I have never heard of a pineapple lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, have not seen this type of lily before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing colour!! Won't mind a bulb of two the next time you divide them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are Megan!! :)

    Now you have Anonymous!! :)

    For sure fitzboy, I think the best time to divide them is autumn?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lily is stunning! One day I look forward to growing and collecting rare varieties of lilies, there are so many!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never seen this kinda flower before, I'm so shallow, it's so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree Fresh Local and Best!! They are just so many wonderful varieties out there and of all people I know the joy of collecting plants :)

    Oh Kenny you are not shallow! they are quite rare, I've never seen them before they were given to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is really pretty, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how pretty!! I simply love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My pleasure Anonymous!!

    Oh love to eat !! it is to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin