Monday, June 14, 2010

Garlic, Lime And Chili Sauce 青檸蒜蓉辣椒醬




This is a versatile sauce that goes well with almost every thing. Something I love to whip up fresh when a little kick is needed.



makes 3/4 cup
you'll need;
5 garlic cloves, chopped
6 bird chillies, chopped
1/4 cup of soy
4 tbs of fish sauce
6 tbs of sugar



Pound garlic and chillies with sugar to a pulp.



Place pounded mixture in a bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients. Check for seasonings, it should taste hot, sour, sweet and salty. Oh and garlicky!

5 comments:

  1. That's a lot of flavor going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 of my fav are there, Ginger & Lime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I found this! I had bought some rock sugar and had no idea what to do with it! This chicken sons heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to mention how much lime juice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyndsey
    Indeed!

    Handdock,
    Please try making some!

    Taasteofbeirut,
    Thank you! I will have a few more recipes here using rock sugar.

    Millie,
    Juice of one lime sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin