Saturday, September 4, 2010

Arancini With Meredith Dairy Goat Cheese Filling



There are always arancini at the tummies' after a risotto meal. It was a wonderful surprise when I found some leftover Meredith dairy goat cheese which I used as a filling. I also tried coating the rice balls with Japanese ponko breadcrumbs and I don't think I will be using regular breadcrumbs for coating arancini ever again. Happy cooking and have a great weekend! For my 2 other posts on arancini, click HERE and HERE.



makes about 15
you'll need;
about 1.5 cups of leftover butternut squash risotto
1 egg, lightly beaten
some chopped parsley
goat cheese
ponko breadcrumbs
oil for frying



I found some Meredith dairy goat cheese in olive oil, fresh herbs and garlic in the fridge, the perfect filling for my arancini. Any good goat cheese will do.



Add the beaten egg to the leftover risotto and refresh it with some chopped parsley. Mix well.



Form little rice balls the size of ping pong balls and fill each with a little goat cheese.



Coat with breadcrumbs.



Fry and drain well. (I flatten rice balls a little and shallow fry instead)



Serve immediately as a quick snack.



Crispy on the outside and soft, moist and cheesy in the middle. Remember always to cook extra rice when you are cooking risotto.

18 comments:

  1. oh yum. these look sensational. great party food! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harriet from CarltonSeptember 4, 2010 at 4:22 PM

    Fabulous with the goat cheese filling. We are a big fan of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some now and I can hear the crunch from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When there's risotto, there's Arancini.. I guess the next time I make risotto, I should make more, intentionally!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they look fantastic! I love meredith cheese but it is a little pricey though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love arancini! Yours looks really super!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love goat cheese.. What a delicious dish!
    It looks sooo tempting!

    Big big hugs!

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love arancini, but there's never enough leftover risotto (we eat it heated up the next day for lunch). Next time, I have to make extra on purpose so I can try these. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way the arancini looks, so crispy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! The arancini looks so tempting and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always wanted to make this but I always end up eating all my risotto!

    ReplyDelete
  12. UMMMM.........muahhhhh...wht an essensual rich dish....fantastic look...

    ReplyDelete
  13. the golden brown color makes this really enticing to bite into!

    ReplyDelete
  14. je suis fan de ce plat j'adore
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just saw someone else's post on aranciI have been missing out! These look absolutely delicious, and made with leftover squash risotto?! Over the top. Beautiful presentation and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. mmm risotto balls. That look so delicious. Crispy on the outside, soft and gooey on the inside. Who can resist that. I am so tempted to cook a pot of risotto just to make this :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin