Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Onion Relish


This is a great relish to have in your fridge at all time, it takes no time to make but it is so versatile it will go well with roasts, sandwiches or wraps. I served this with our burger and chips the previous night.





Makes half a cup
you'll need;
2 large red onions, finely sliced
30 g of butter
1 tbs of brown sugar
1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste




Fry sliced onions with butter til soften.




Add sugar and continue to fry for 4-5 til caramelised. Remove excess fat.

Add balsamic vinegar and cook til the mixture is thick and syrupy.

Seen here served with burger and chips.

10 comments:

  1. I love this relish! Gotta try it for the burgers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love onions on my burger...I'm so gonna try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the recipe pasti akan mencubanya:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done similar with brown onions. Thanks for sharing your recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie,
    Thank you!

    Bo,
    Thank you! Please do!

    makcikmanggis,
    Sama sama makcik! silakan cuba :)

    Emma,
    I sometimes use brown onions too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O lovely. I haven't had a recipe for this, and it looks so yum! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet this will complement most dishes well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a must have for home made burgers ... the caramelised onions give a really pleasant and sweet taste ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great! I love onions on my burger!
    Yummy relish!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joy,
    Thank you!

    n33ma ,
    Thank you! It does! :)

    noobcook ,
    Thank you! It is great with so many things indeed!

    Betty,
    Thank you very much! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin