Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fresh Rice Noodle Soup With Prawns 清湯蝦球河粉



With soup or curry? Dry fried or with wat dan gravy? Laksa or Ipoh hor fun? Those were just a few of the choices I threw at myself when I looked at the ingredients in front of me. It didn't take long before I picked the easiest option; after all it was just a weekend lunch for one and I rather not spend too much time in the kitchen.

Like many of my simple noodle dishes - this will only take less than 15 minutes to prepare and costs just under $5/serve, more than cheap and very cheerful indeed! To me a bowl of noodles like this beats any takeaway meal anytime, one of the reasons why I always have some noodles on standby.



recipe per serve
you'll need;
6 to 8 prawns, peeled and deveined
1 bokchoy, washed and quartered lengthwise
2 cups of chicken stock
250 - 300 g of fresh rice noodles or noodles of your choice
a handful of bean sprouts
1 spring onion, chopped
2 bird chilies, chopped
crispy garlic and oil
white pepper to taste
your choice of chili sauce to serve



Prepare the bokchoy, chilies and spring onion.



Bring chicken stock to a boil then add in the prawns. When the prawns are half cooked, add bokchoy.



Follow by the noodles and bean sprouts and cook for 30 seconds before turning off the heat.



Pour everything into a large bowl, sprinkle the chopped chilies and spring onion over and top with some crispy garlic and oil.



A cheap, delicious and very healthy meal in minutes. Think again before telling anyone you have no time to cook.

7 comments:

  1. Simple and easy, my kind of food. I have been stocking up with different types of noodles recently and am a huge fan of your simple noodle dishes! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to have this all the time. Tried the chee cheong fun with mushroom and pork sauce over the weekend and it was to die for, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very delicious as usual! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth just doesn't stop watering! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this for dinner tonight but I used mei fen instead. Quick and very delicious, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin