Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lebanese Herbed Potato Salad (Salatat Al Bataata)

This is a side dish I made to go with chicken roll with rice stuffing. It is delicious and rather refreshing with the large amount of herbs used. I think this will go well with any bbq or roast meals.

recipe from Abla Amad's Lebanese Kitchen
you need;
6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 3 cm cubes
1 tsp of salt
3 spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup of finely chopped mint
1/2 cup of finely chopped parsley
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp of allspice

Boil potato in plenty of salted water til tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Leave to cool before serving.


  1. hai my dear tummy..yang ini pastinya makcik dapat buat tapi yang ayam tu nampak sangat sukar/complicated:(cara-caranya....

  2. It's amazing how the Lebanese have such a way with the humble potato. I also like their spicy potato mezze dish, forgot what its called but its delish.

  3. A very delicious side dish! I love it :-)

  4. This is one awesome potato salad!


Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My Photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia