Sunday, February 7, 2010

Just A Little Prettiness 7



Exactly a year ago, Victoria was ravaged by one of the worst natural disasters in history and February the 7th was named Black Saturday. The temparature went up to 46.5 degree C, the hottest on record and the state was burning - and this happened on my birthday. This post really is to remember the people that perished in the disaster and to cherish the people who are rebuilding their lives, not to forget the good people that donated their time and money and the fire fighters that risked their lives fighting the fire.
A year on, the weather is perfect and the affected areas are started to come back to life. One of the tummies, who happens to be the closest person in my life,  took me out for a very nice lunch and I am so grateful that my birthday can be somehow celebrated without too much guilt.
P.S photograph courtesy of The Age newspaper.

21 comments:

  1. Well Happy Birthday. I just found your blog today and have really enjoyed looking.
    All the best
    Ren
    ladyofthearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! And do enjoy the DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Wishing you happiness always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay...happy birthday. You're my best friend's birthday mate and like you, I hope all is going well with people affected last year. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harriet from CarltonFebruary 8, 2010 at 8:46 AM

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Looking forward to more fabulous posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Happy Birthday, sweetie! Wishing you many happy returns. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! love that picture

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! I is good to know people are rebuilding their lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 生日快樂! 心想事成!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! Glad to know you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated B'day dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday, my dear friend.
    Wishing you many more birthdays. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everyone for your well wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin