Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lamb Burger With The Lot



Lamb burger is a favourite at the tummies'; with quite a bit of beetroot relish left from our last meal the decision was an obvious one, besides what's a good Aussie burger without some form of beetroot in it? Although the other tummy would have preferred a bunless buger but I decided that the real deal with chips on the side was more appropriate considering how cold the evening was. Dinner was served when our favourite show was just about to start, so we did the unthinkable - hunkered down in front of the tv with our plates of sinful treats!
P.S It is a glorious winter day here in Melbourne and I had just spent a wonderful morning with my very old friends and their beautiful twins. I plan to take full advantage of the beautiful weather, some good food with a few glasses of wine in the sun perhaps?  Enjoy the rest of the long weekend and I see you on Tuesday with a Malaysian Monday post.



serves 4
you'll need;
500 g of lamb mince or mince of your choice
1/2 an onion, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp of smoked paprika
1 tsp of cumin powder
1/4 cup of bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
a handful of mixed lettuce
2 vine ripen tomatoes, sliced
1/2 a cucumber, sliced
1/2 an onion, cut into thin rings
4 burger buns
beetroot relish to serve
tzatziki to serve
oven ready thick cut chips
tomato ketchup to serve



Prepare the vegetables.



Mix mince with beaten egg, chopped onion, spices, bread crumbs and season well.



With wet hands, divide meat mixture into 4 portions and mould into patties. 



Grill meat patties on a hot griddle or on the bbq.



Grill the buns under a hot grill, spread some butter over each bun if your heart desires.



Assemble the burgers, drizzle a generous amount of beetroot relish atop the lamb patties follow by some tzatziki. 



These oven ready chips are godsends and one simply can have chips with a good burger I think.



Our tv dinner is ready!

9 comments:

  1. Tu me donnes faim. Délicieux.
    A très bientôt.
    See soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooww tingi nyer burger.. i like..
    kekenyangan dapat makan seketul pun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade burgers are the best and yours look totally gorgeous, my mouth can't stop watering....;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm. I can't wait to try these.
    Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too agree that there's nothing better than making your own pasties.. I've done lamb ones before. Just love the fact that you can put anything into it, and know what's in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is it that I haven't tried lamb burger in my house?! I have to rectify this and soon! lol Might just add a little cheese in there though. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin