Friday, June 24, 2011

Chicken Breast Stuffed With Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Wrapped In Prosciutto



I know it sounds a little daggy with all the stuffing and wrapping business going on but  what important is it tastes good right? What's more, I am doing what I preached about trying new things with the humble chicken. I wasn't exactly clear how the dish would turn out but I must say the gamble did pay off handsomely. By all means create your own stuffing and serve with a side of your choice but one mustn't overcook the chicken as that is the biggest sin any cook could commit. 
Good news for chicken lover as there are a few more chicken dishes coming your way over the next few days!



recipe from the tummies' kitchen
serves 2 as a one dish meal
oven preheated at 220 C (conventional)
you'll need;
4 medium size skinless chicken breasts, free range if possible
8 thin slices of prosciutto
salt and pepper to taste
extra virgin olive oil
a dressed salad to serve

for the stuffing;
1 cup of blanch spinach, squeezed out excess water
150 g of sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
rind of 1 lemon
dash of olive oil
pepper to taste



Place all ingredients for stuffing except for the spinach in a food processor and blend until you get a rough paste.



Make a pocket with each breast and place 1/4 of the blanched spinach and stuffing into the cavity.



Place 2 over wrapping pieces of prosciutto on a chopping board and wrap the stuffed breast with that. Repeat the same with the rest of the chicken breasts.



Heat a roasting pan over the stove and brown the chicken, seam sides down for a minute before turning over once. Place the roasting pan into the preheated oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the breasts. Remove chicken from the pan and allow to rest for at least 7 minutes before slicing.



I served the stuffed chicken breasts with a side salad of witlof and bacon crisps.

4 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this filling. I have some homemade sunblush tomatoes in the fridge that I need to use up. Would be great for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish looks so gourmet-like! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderfull dish! Congratulations. I liked so much this. So, I'm a new follower.
    I invite you to visit my blog and to know a little of the brazilian cooking.


    Hugs from Brazil!

    Luiz

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin