Monday, November 16, 2009

Just A Little Prettiness 3


Saw these old fashion roses (Kentucky Derby if I'm not wrong) at our local flower shop after our Sunday lunch. One of the tummies was kind enough to buy them for me as a token of his appreciation of my hard work in the kitchen. They perfumed the whole living room with the most familiar scent, for a moment I was transported back to my childhood in Cameron Highlands and I'm most grateful for this little gift!!
I am so glad to see that old breeds of roses that look and smell like roses are starting to reappear in certain florists, just as heirloom tomatoes that taste and smell of tomatoes are becoming easier to source. We do have to pay a little more for them but they are definitely worth every cent of it!!!

I couldn't quite capture the real colour which is a stunning dark crimson!

21 comments:

  1. There are very pretty and I know that smell very well too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some beautiful roses in full bloom at the moment, come by and pick some up anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got 4 different varieties of heirloom tomatoes growing atm, welcome to get some in a few weeks time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh they are so pretty, I just love the hue. They really do look like old fashioned roses, something you dont see that often anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you do Anonymous!

    Thanks love to eat! I'll send you an email when I want some roses ;)

    Thanks Fitzboy!! I really appreciate that!

    Yeah Maria unless you are in some old nonna's gardens :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll buy you roses everyday if you cooked like that everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please do BIBI and new vases every time you buy me flowers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's true! I noticed a few years ago that the roses were no longer scented, and I just didn't understand it. I'm glad that these wonderful sweet smelling roses are making a comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theses roses instantly dress up the room , colors are vibrance , I suppose they are very sweet smelling too !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fresh Local and Best, Isn't that something we should be celebrating?? :)

    They do A Full-Timed Housefly !! and they have the sweetest smelling scent ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These roses are so beautiful and so sweet of your little tummies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks agentcikay!!

    Thanks Anncoo I only wish you could smell the beatiful scent too !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the roses. They look so full and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Those flowers are gorgeous, and I love your blog description, I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very, very lovely roses...really like that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what beautiful roses!!! the colour is amazing n they do look old fashioned. How sweet of one of the 3 tummies to buy them for you. Lucky mommy you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Gina!

    Thanks Mary! the colour is amazing indeed!

    Thanks zurin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That one of the tummies is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin