Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Thod Man Gai ทอดมันไก่ Thai Chicken Cakes




I was wondering what to do with the new batch of homemade green curry paste; A nice bowl of green chicken curry should have been the easy option but I decided on this quick snack inspired by the popular Thai street snack - thod man pla or Thai fish cake instead.

You may use shop bought curry paste, either red or green and it will still be delicious. Though only breast was used, the chicken cakes turned out moist and tender but I am certain by using half breast and half thigh the result will be even better.

P.S I have received very few entires for Malaysian Monday so far, if you have cooked any Malaysian food lately please remember to send in your entries, thank you! To find out more about the event and on how to enter please click here.



recipe from the tummies' kitchen
makes 10 to 12
you'll need;
3 spring onions, chopped
half a bunch of chives, chopped
2 stalks of coriander, chopped
2 chilies, chopped
2 chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs, cut into chunks
1.5 tbs of homemade or shop bought green or red curry paste
1 egg, lightly beated
2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
8 long beans, finely sliced
2 tsp of castor sugar
2 tbs of fish sauce
cucumber slices to serve
sweet chili sauce



Prepare the aromatics.



Place chopped ingredients together with the chicken, egg, curry paste, sugar and fish sauce in the food processor and blend until you get a coarse paste, remove and add in the long bean and kaffir lime leaves and mix well.



With wet hands, form mixture into 6 cm x 1 cm discs and pan fry on batches until golden on both sides and cook though. Alternately one may deep fry the patties.



Serve with cucumber slices and sweet chili sauce or a cucumber relish (achart) on the side.



Or on a bed of rice for a slightly more substantial meal.

11 comments:

  1. I love these, not made them for ages though; thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby is not a fan of the texture fish cakes so this chicken version will be a wonderful substitute for my family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how flavoursome they are and I want some now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ,

    Looks YummYYYY !!

    Neat presentation:))

    Keep on Dear..

    Welcome to

    www.southindiafoodrecipes.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    Thanks
    Pneumatic cylinder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Los Angeles CPA professional cpa offers best services in the area. Find out why we are the Affordable LA CPA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fast, free life insurance quotes online. Compare instant term life insurance quotes from top life insurance companies.Call 1-800-939-0710

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you looking for online designer sample sale then visit our website www.lejolie.com. Our website launch date is 1st august 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Need best criminal law firm in the superior USA, you can visit http://zolonzassociates.com/ for proper solution.

    ReplyDelete
  10. La carte r4 vente est disponible pour que vous pouviez obtenir les services les plus supérieurs même après que les ventes soient faites. La demande pour vente carte r4 peut être faite en vous connectant sur http://linker3dsi.fr.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is very informative. Eating mindfully has been very hard for people these days. It's all because of their busy schedules, work or lack of focus on themselves. As a student I must admit that I have not been eating mindfully but because of this I will start now. It could help me enjoy my food and time alone. Eating mindfully may help me be aware of healthy food and appreciating food.
    สำนักงาน บัญชี กรุงเทพ

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin