Monday, July 16, 2012

Quick Roast Beef And Thick Mung Bean Noodle Soup - A Leftover Special




Often the odd piece of char siu or some marinated chicken slices just sit idle at the back of the fridge until the foul smell reminds us of their existence a few days later. They need not to be wasted; couple with a few basic ingredients, they can be easily turned into something delicious in minutes.

This is more of a meal idea rather than a recipe I think... the remaining roast beef was added to a super quick noodle soup using the same thick mung bean noodles that I am addicted to.



recipe per serve
you'll need;
100 g of left over roast beef or shop bought char siu
a handful of bean sprouts
1 spring onion, chopped
1 bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
2 cups of stock
2 bundles of thick mung bean noodles
1 tbs of garlic oil
chopped chilies to serve
Sichuan style chili oil in jar to serve



Get the slicing and chopping out of the way.





Cook noodles in stock until al dente then add in the bean sprout, remove from the heat immediately.



Pour the content of the pot into a large bowl then top with roast beef slices, herbs, garlic oil and sliced chilies, a healthy meal in less than 20 minutes!



I added some chili oil for some extra kick.

4 comments:

  1. One more nice recipe from you. It is my pleasure to follow your blog. Food looks great on the photos, i like herbs in it. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I though that was rice sticks at first, haven't seen mung bean noodles that size before! Great way of using leftovers - I am too lazy, I just toss my leftovers into Maggi Mee ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are the same thickness as rice sticks. I am the same but I love these noodles so much I try to use them in everything :)

      Delete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin