Monday, January 25, 2010

Just A Little Prettiness 6


It is always wonderful to get out into the bush every so often for city dwellers like us, so when our dear friend R invited us to spend the weekend with her at her retreat at Anglesea we jumped at the opportunity. Just a mere hour and a half from Melbourne, gum trees, grass trees and other unknown stunted native plants have replaced all European plants so widely planted in every garden and park. Colourful parrots and other natives birds are all we can see and hear rather than Indian minors, pigeons and sparrows. It is a beauty so strange and foreign for a first time visitor to the bush; for me this is what Australian country side is all about, it is strange, mysterious and very beautiful indeed. Here are a few of the photos I took randomly around the property that I would like to share with everyone here.

Flowering gum trees

A majestic grass tree

The native vegetation behind the property where we stayed

A cockatoo among the many other native visitors to the garden

28 comments:

  1. WOW! These are lovely pictures! I love all the greenery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i really want to visit Australia looks great one day for sure, going to India in Sept for his sisters wedding

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures! It's always wonderful to be able to observe nature and its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I commented with my other username (gabby gourmet is for my cooking group) but it was Sook who commented, from My fabulous recipes in case you were wondering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics I like very much them!!!!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos ! I'm very jealous of the summer sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ancoo,
    Thank you! It is very pretty down there!

    Rebecca,
    Thank you! How exciting! Which part of India?

    Gabby,
    Thank you very much! It is fabulous to be right in the nature!
    haha Sook that is ok! Thank you!

    Ladychef,
    thank you!

    Matteo,
    Thank you! I'm so happy to hear that!!

    Mr Noodles,
    Thanks! It was the perfect weather for the country side :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! beautiful photos dear:) I love the greenry:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is awsome ! I love the bush!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous gorgeous!!! the cuckatoo is brillinat against the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I t took me a while to appreciate the beauty of the bush and you are dead right about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachana Kothari ,
    it is so beautiful in the outback!

    CW,
    Thank you!

    zurin,
    He is great!

    rosa,
    It is true when we are so use to the exotics ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so jealous! Love to konw what you cooked while you were there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a beautiful grass tree ! This is so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful ... pictures I can't wait for the summer Thank you for sharing :)


    Have a great day ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing, your photos are wonderfull, I like the cockatoo !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, gorgeous pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous pictures...enjoyed them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful pics..Just can't wait the snow to melt so that we can go out for hiking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful! Australia has so many beautiful sights and sounds. :) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is nothing like getting out of the city. You are lucky to have all that wilderness so close.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great chance to see all the wilderness up close. The photos a beautiful. Thanks for sharing. It's so much fun to travel with all my blogger friends!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad you have a good time mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh thank you everyone for your lovely comments! It was great being away in the bush!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Wish I could spend a weekend in that blessed gardens too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks lovely, wish to live in a place like that.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin