Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Rice Noodles Soup With Soy Poached Chicken 豉油雞河粉湯 - A Leftover Special



Soy poached chicken was one of the dishes I made for my friend M when she was unwell; she has since become addicted to the wonderful dish, cooking it at least once a week if not more.

It was a pleasant surprise to find some leftover soy poached chicken in her fridge when I was looking for something to eat after helping her with some chores. Together with other ingredients I found, a delicious lunch was ready in less than 15 minutes.

P.S For a dry version with fresh egg noodles, please click HERE.



recipe from the tummies' kitchen
recipe per serve
you'll need;
1/4 of soy poached chicken, reheated slightly and chopped
250 to 300 g of fresh wide rice noodles or noodles of your choice
3 stalks of choysum or Asian greens of your choice
2 spring onions, chopped
1 red chili, sliced
1 stalk of coriander, chopped
garlic, lime and chili sauce to serve
*feel free to add fried garlic or shallots if your heart desires

for the broth;
1 cup of the poaching liquor
1 cup of chicken stock
dash of sesame oil
dash of white pepper



Prepare the choysum, spring onions and chili; warm up the chicken slightly and chopped.



Prepare the broth by combining all ingredients in a pot and bring it to a simmer. Check for seasonings.



Blanch choysum and rice noodles briefly and drain well.



Place rice noodles in a bowl, pour the hot broth over and top with chicken and all other toppings.

3 comments:

  1. I love your soy poached chicken and I make it very often, unfortunately we never have any leftover :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only all leftover food looks this good. Your recipe for soy poached chicken never failed me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what I feel like for dinner tonight, might have to get half a soy chicken from the shop lol

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My Photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin