Friday, April 16, 2010

Couscous And Roasted Vegetables Salad With Grilled Chicken With Homemade Sauce


It's Friday night again and the tummies decided to eat at home, so waiting for my friend H to arrive from the country I prepared a feast. This is a really simple dish to prepare, perfect if you want to impress your guests without spending too much money or time. The couscous salad is delicious on its own (a wonderful vegetarian meal or side dish), we often have grilled lamb or quail to go with it instead. Enjoy your weekend and happy cooking!

Serves 4 generously
you'll need;
1 chicken (for recipe click HERE) I baked the chicken instead of bbq
1.5 cups of couscous
1/2 cup of orange juice
1 cup of stock
1 large eggplant, sliced and grilled
1 large zucchini, sliced and grilled
1 red capsicum, grilled and skinned
1 red onion, sliced and caramelised
1/4 cup of sultanas
1/3 cup of pinenuts or almond slivers
1/2 cup of parsley, chopped
1/2 cup of mint, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon, cut into wedges

Prepare the vegetables.

Grill eggplants followed by the zucchini. Meanwhile Grill capsicum over the stove til blacken and wrap it with cling film. Caramelise the onion.

Cut vegetables into bite size pieces, prepare the orange rind and chop the herbs.

Remove the chicken from the the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes. Recipe click HERE.

For the couscous salad - mix stock and orange juice to a simmer, add a knob of butter then pour in the couscous then cover and remove the pot from the heat. Loosen the couscous after 15 minutes and mix it with the roasted vegetables, herbs, pinenuts and orange rind, season well.

Arrange couscous salad on a large plater.

Place chicken pieces over the couscous salad and serve it with lemon wedges.

A delicious meal is served.

41 comments:

  1. Love it love it love it! Do they just come home and get this wonderful food every night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very impressive indeed! I can see little quails atop the beautiful couscous salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a lovely meal. My children will eat all the chicken, not sure about the couscous cos I didn't train them :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I am going to make this when I have people over next. How would you cook quails?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoever dine at your table is the lucky one! Look at the whole grilled veggies! I love the dish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic meal! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grilled veggies and baked chicken..lucky friend H!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your photos! I like when you show what ingredients you are going to use in the dish. This couscous salad looks fantastic, I would be happy with just that....for lunch maybe because the chicken looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Another scrumptious meal. Past me that plate please ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!!!tummies..anda semua sangat hebat.I must try this recipe..my children & my hubby sangat suka couscous.Fuhhh...sangat menarik & menyelerakan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing beats a wonderful meal like this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That grilled Brinjal looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's something about a well cooked butterflied chicken that just screams 'rip off a piece and eat me' and yours is screaming this loud and clear. Hope you have a good weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. dear tummies..ur chicken looks really delicious!but we've never tried couscous before.. must try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous meal. I love butterflied chicken and when it's served, as you have done, with roasted vegetables and couscous it is a real treat. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow ton couscous est magnifique plein de saveurs bien coloré avec les légumes tes photos sont magnifiques je t'en félicite ma chère
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a royal meal..can't take my eyes off from the chicken..lol..

    ReplyDelete
  18. woww what a perfect meal for the evening... :).... me too posted almost just like this..but its just stuff chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is my dish! My mouth's watering!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Betty xx

    Your photos are a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh.. that looks yum! But then I haven't had dinner yet... but YUM!!... I love cooking cous cous.. cos it's so fast and easy... well done again!

    Lalalaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a beautiful salad and a great recipe for cous cous...I am always looking for new ways to prepare cous cous and grains for my girls....thanks so much for the inspiration!!
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yummy meal, you certainly know how to welcome your guests - organic chicken too :) And I'll gladly make you a cake anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh boy that is such a droolworthy spread, I love it...pls pass me the plate, you made me hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab! This is what I eat quite frequently. I love cous cous and how it soaks up all the flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I envy your guest. So lucky to dine with you and should I come over to Melbourne, will you invite me over for a meal? Ha, Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  26. couscous is very pompular here in france so your recipe is a winner here !! Pierre de Paris

    ReplyDelete
  27. That looks SO good!!

    I would definitely pay money for that!

    www.brisbanebaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. An excellent meal! I love the couscous veggie salad!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The chicken looks grilled to deliciousness. And it is a complete meal with couscous and roasted veg.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Une recette gourmande et magnifique.
    Tu m'invites quand tu veux.
    A bientôt et bonne semaine.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey buddy did you have a good weekend? This looks fanstastic, very impressive indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  32. every night you guys have the best food ever. its like going to a restaurant every single night for dinner.

    i have been so busy. i just had rice and meat lol. nothing fancy.

    so want a piece of that nowwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a perfect meal! how u carve the chicken so nicely ... mine always look like a mess hehe

    ReplyDelete
  34. You've outdone yourself with this grilled chicken! the whole meal looks delicious and refreshing I'm sure your guests were quite happy!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Look at the feast you have there! Can't wait to try making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh! What a great meal...love them all, it sounds and looks so tasty...great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you everyone for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Una fantástica Mezcla, me gusta el couscous, el pollo y las verduras y, si además estas en buena compañía... pues no se puede pedir más. UN BESOTE.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin