- For having a loving family despite them being thousands of miles away from me.
- For living and sharing my life with the closest person in my life despite not knowing if that is going to end soon.
- For having some of my closest friends that still love me to pieces despite me being half as fabulous as before.
- For showing compassion and kindness to someone I barely knew despite all the goodwill was being taken for granted.
- For not ended up with a disfigured face despite having the large scar inside my mouth that will forever remind me of that ugly incident.
- For being able to cook something from my childhood when I'm feeling homesick despite that often make me even more homesick.
- For starting this blog despite getting very lukewarm reactions from most people I mentioned the idea to.
- For meeting wonderful new friends and like minded people through this blog despite we might never meet in person.
- For lucky enough to be able to speak a few languages despite not having too many opportunities to do so in Melbourne.
- For being surrounded by beautiful art works and furniture that we bought throughout the years despite there might not be any new addition to that in the very near future.
- For having relatively good health despite how badly I treated my poor body before.
- For having so much beauty around me despite the recent not so beautiful events that happened.
- And finally for understanding the meaning of GRATITUDE!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
It is the time of the year again when many of us would sit down and look back at the past 12 months. Personally I get all emotional around now especially since it has been an annual horribilis for me. I would normally write down my thoughts and keep it in my little black box but I am going to do it differently this year.
I received a call from Small M this afternoon, trying to convince me to join him at his family's Christmas lunch but sadly I had to decline (the 4th invitation from different friends) due to the injury on my right hand and bruises on my face. He was a little disappointed but said this to me before hanging up"I am so grateful to have you in my life!", it has to be the sweetest thing I have heard for a very long time!
I decided I should write down a list of what I'm most grateful for and here's the list;